- Exporo is an online real estate investment platform. With our slogan “Easy and direct real estate investments” investors can take part in real estate projects with as little as 500 €, which were previously only accessible to institutional, financially strong or professional investors. Investors also benefit from short run terms and attractive returns.
- Exporo connects private investors and professional real estate companies and thus, creates a win-win situation: Investors profit from access to a previously closed market with transparent information and a quick online process, whereas real estate companies receive funding for the realization of their projects.
- Since Exporo’s founding 76 real estate projects have been successfully financed and over 96 Mio € has been brokered. Over 16 Mio € have already been paid back and the success quota is 100%.
Exporo - The Story
The Exporo story started with an impeccable timing, a smart idea, courage and a team of four founders who complement each other perfectly. The Exporo founders: Simon Brunke, Björn Maronde, Julian Oertzen and Tim Bütecke. They are the experts for sales and finance, marketing and IT as well as business development and real estate projects.
In 2012 the idea started with the realization that real estate project developers were increasingly interested in alternative sources of financing due to banks’ stricter regulations and limited financing of full projects; and investors only being able to invest with good terms with high amounts of funds. These observations resulted in the firm decision to develop an online marketplace in order to offer real estate projects as an investment opportunity and to directly broker capital between private investors and real estate companies.
To start with, the managing directors offered investments for real estate projects in Hamburg with the help of small team and printed offer letters and contracts. At the same time, an online platform was developed and first marketing strategies were implemented to spread the offers. They had a clear goal in sight: Learning from the first investment offers, understanding the customer preferences and streamlining transaction processes. With hard work, persuasion and the courage to start something completely new with their own recourses, the idea became reality when exporo.de went live at the end of 2014: On 11.12.2014 the crowdinvesting platform went online with the project “Feldbrunnenstraße“ and brokered 2.1 Mio € from private investors within three months.
After 2.5 years the team of founders developed into a company with a team of more than 60 employees. With their online platform they have proven that their business idea works and that many private investors can invest in attractive and high yielding real estate projects. They have reached many milestones thus far:
Exporo - Milestones
20. June 2017 - Surpassing 70 Mio € brokered capital
14. June 2017 - Paying out 10th crowdinvesting project ahead of schedule
29. May 2017 - Exporo closes another round of financing for over 8 Mio €
01. May 2017 - 60th employee joins the team
17. March 2017 - Surpassing 50 Mio € brokered capital
14. January 2017 - Reaching 36 Mio €: Exporo remains the biggest crowdinvesting platform
02. January 2017 - 40th employee joins the team
15. December 2016 - 7th Exporo project is successfully paid back (Feldbrunnenstraße) Highest repayment of a crowdinvesting project in Germany
30. November 2016 - Surpassing 30 Mio € brokered capital
18. November 2016 - Over 1 Mio € brokered capital on this day alone
09. September 2016 - Surpassing 20 Mio € brokered capital
12. July 2016 - Series-A-Financing: Exporo receives 8.2 Mio €
01. March 2016 - Receiving the Immobilienmanager Award 2016
11. November 2015 - Surpassing 10 Mio € brokered capital
30. March 2015 - Closing Europe’s second largest crowdfunding project “Feldbrunnenstraße” (2.1 Mio € funding volume)
11. December 2014 - exporo.de went live with the project “Feldbrunnenstraße”
19. November 2014 - Founding of Exporo